Washing your hands is essential when it comes getting rid of germs and to avoid spreading germs to those you come in contact with. This is also true when it comes to dealing with the Coronavirus, to reduce your risk while protecting others.
Wash Your Hands Often
It’s recommended by the CDC to wash your hands often, below are key moments you are key moments when you are likely to get germs. So wash before, during, and after these times to prevent spreading of germs.
- Preparing Food / Before, During, & After
- Eating Food / Before
- Caring for someone at home who is sick with vomiting or diarrhea / Before & After
- Treating a cut or wound / Before & After
- Changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has use a toilet / After
- Blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing / After
- Touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste / After
- Handling pet food or treats / After
- Touching Garbage / After
Five Steps to Washing your hands the Right Way
Clean hands can prevent the spread of germs from one person to another and throughout a community. The CDC has posted five steps to washing your hands, whether it’s at home, at the workplace, childcare facilities, or hospitals. Follow these steps every time.
Step 1: WET
- Wet your hands with clean, running water.
- Turn off the tap and apply soap.
Step 2: LATHER
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with soap.
- Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers and your nails.
Step 3: SCRUB
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end, twice.
Step 4: RINSE
- Rinse your Hands well under clean, running water
Step 5: DRY
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
Here’s the CDC’s official How-To for Hand-Washing.
Portable Hand Washing Stations
Browse our portable hand washing stations available for sale! Catered for your needs with mobility, place these units outdoors for events or your back yard. These mobile hand sinks are portable and completely self contained, with running hot & cold water. Shop for yours today!